Laser Periodontal Therapy
Periodontal Health Professionals LLC is among the first dental offices to use laser technology for periodontal treatment in Austin, TX. Our team of periodontists has been successful in curing gum problems for many patients in the city with the help of this technology. Lasers have many benefits in the field of dentistry. The healing process is quick and the technology is very effective with gum problems since lasers can easily access hard-to-reach areas between the teeth and gums. We use Millennium Nd: YAG for laser periodontal therapy at Austin, TX office. The advanced equipment is on of our prime tools for combating periodontal infection in our patients.
Laser periodontal therapy – How does it work?
Our periodontists have successfully treated periodontal diseases through laser periodontal therapy. The process involves killing infected tissues, which are present in the inner surface of the gum pockets, using lasers. In the second step, periodontists use root cleaners to remove the calculus from the surface of the teeth. Lasers are once again used over inner surface of gum pockets in order to ensure quick healing. The process is very effective in treating bacterial infection of soft tissues.
Laser periodontal therapy – Benefits over laser gum surgery
Laser treatment is an advanced technology when compared to use of traditional dental instruments to clean gum pockets. The gums take less time to heal with laser periodontal treatment and there is no incision or suturing required during the process. Patients do not sense discomfort after the treatment is complete. The treatment is quick and recovery time is less than 24 hours. Patients can comfortably continue with their daily activities once they recover from the treatment. The technology is safe for patients who have medical concerns such as diabetes, HIV and hemophilia.
Benefits of Laser Periodontal Therapy
- There s no incisions and no suturing
- There's minimal discomfort with "LASER PERIODONTAL THERAPY" during and after the procedure
- It takes less time than traditional surgery
- LPT gives long-lasting results. In fact, 98% of LPT treated patients remain stable after five years
- Your periodontist at Austin will probably recommend a soft diet for one week even though most patients feel good enough to eat anything they want right after the procedure
- There's less than 24 hour recovery period, so you won't lose time from work
- LASER PERIODONTAL THERAPY" is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Coumadin or Cyclosporine